Emergency Management Queensland contributes to safer, more resilient and sustainable communities by delivering services through:
- leading and coordinating activities undertaken before, during and after a disaster or emergency to minimise adverse community impacts
- disaster awareness including community safety and education programs, and the Emergency Services Cadets
- response and recovery services including State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers, Emergency Service Units, EMQ Helicopter Rescue and state disaster response management
- supporting volunteer marine rescue organisations as well as contract and community helicopter providers
- actively engaging with local government to promote disaster management and volunteer management priorities.
This Warnings & Alerts corporate video details how the EMQ Operations Centre handles and coordinates emergency situations.